For the second time this week we had an assembly that was all about celebrating success! This time it was the turn of Year 10. Mrs Cordner and Mr Whitehead took time out in the middle of all the exam preparations to praise and reward year ten pupils for their engagement with Accelerated Reader.
Now is one of the best times to make sure you’re getting your daily reading for pleasure.
The benefits of daily pleasure reading are huge:
- You’ll almost certainly reduce stress.
- Being carried away into the world in a book helps you take a break. It gives what you’re learning a chance to consolidate and settle.
- It will help you get to sleep more quickly if you use it to calm your mind before bed.
- Daily reading for pleasure in teenagers is associated with higher grades and greater success.
Read what you want, something you can get carried away by, something that will let you escape for a while to another world. it’s medicine for the soul.
- Reading for pleasure is not a luxury:
- You’ll come back feeling better and better able to face exams!
- Read to relax!
Good Luck to all our year ten pupils in the exams next week!